GCOOS Requirements for Sub-Awards Related to Our IOOS Award
Please note: We are NOT currently accepting any proposals.
The GCOOS Regional Association (GCOOS-RA) is a certified Regional Information Coordination Entity — a non-federal observing organization certified as meeting federal standards for data gathering and management. This certification means that our data has the full backing of the U.S. Integrated Ocean Observing System (IOOS) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
Core funding for GCOOS operations comes from a series of competitive five-year grants awarded by IOOS that support the administration and implementation of the regional observing system.
As part of that implementation, GCOOS provides sub-awards to Principal Investigators through a competitive process.
Proposal Submission Process
Principal Investigators submitting a proposal to GCOOS should work with the sponsored programs office at your institution to submit the proposal package electronically to the TAMU Sponsored Research Services Office.
Each proposal package must include the following:
- Title page — use this template
- Budget using form SF424A
- Budget justification — use this template, and also refer to NOAA Grants Management Division’s Budget Narrative Guidance
- Scope of work — use this template
- NEPA — use this template
- TAMU form for institutional commitment
- Principle Investigator resume (2-page)
- Fringe and/or IDC rate memo or link to institutional page in cases where rates are greater than 38%
- Data management plan (2 pages or less) — template coming soon