The Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) and the National Data Buoy Center (NDBC) are making changes to the data management of the Notice to Lessees and Operators (NLT) data.
From now through March 31, 2021, NTL data providers are encouraged to register and open an SFTP account with GCOOS to ensure a smooth transition.
- Go to the GCOOS Account management page https://uploads.gcoos.org/account/. Click the “Register” tab and create the account. It is important to remember the username and password, as these data will be used to authenticate users when transporting data to GCOOS.
- Complete the short forms to identify the individual requesting for the account.
- Upon completion, the account request will be reviewed by GCOOS, and users will be notified when the account is active. Data folders will be pre-created where data can be delivered to or pushed to.
Important Note: Data providers submitting information for more than one organization MUST create a separate account for each organization.
The NDBC will terminate access to the NDBC FTP server (ftp://comms.ndbc.noaa.gov), on March 31, 2021, at 2300 UTC. The station pages on the NDBC website, will remain active for 90 days after the FTP access is disabled until June 30, 2021.
The real-time data will not be updated on the NDBC website station pages during this period but should be accessible from GCOOS data endpoints (ERDDAP and WAF). After the 90 day transition, NDBC will move the station pages to the historical station's link on the NDBC website.
If you have questions about the transition of this service, contact:
GCOOS/Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi; Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies, 6300 Ocean Drive, Unit 5869, Corpus Christi, Texas 78412
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (361) 825 3454
Karen Grissom, NOAA, National Weather Service, National Data Buoy Center, NDBC Lead Scientist, Building 3205, Stennis Space Center, MS 39529
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (228) 688-1325
Joan L. Hall, Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, Office of Regional, Field Operations, Chief, Technical Assessment Section (TAS), 1201 Elmwood Park Blvd., Mailstop GE 1065A, New Orleans, LA 70123
- Email: Joan.Hall@BSEE.gov
- Phone: (504) 736-2865