The next meeting of the Radiowave Operators Working Group (ROWG) is being organized by GCOOS to take place May 21-23 and will be hosted by the University of Southern Mississippi, a GCOOS member and partner.
The meeting is open to operators of HFR worldwide and registration and attendance are free (attendees must pay for their own travel/lodging/meals). This event is funded with support from the NOAA’s IOOS Surface Currents Program and CODAR Ocean Sensors.
In line with the ROWG charter, the focus of this meeting will be on the installation, operation and maintenance of oceanographic and liminographic HF-radar sensors, and organizers are seeking feedback for sessions.
- Click here to provide information about your interest in participating and topics that you’d like to discuss.
Topics could include:
- HF-radar operation and maintenance
- International Telecommunications Union (ITU) frequency bands allocated for HF-radar
- Site logistics
- Processing to radial velocity component vectors
- Measurement of waves with HF-radar
- Total surface current vector products and data management