The GCOOS Spring Meeting will take place virtually from 1-5 p.m. EST on Wednesday, May 4. Members and nonmembers are welcome to attend.
- 1-1:15 p.m. — Welcome and opening remarks from Joe Swaykos, Chair, GCOOS Board of Directors
- 1:15-2 p.m. — Plenary presentation and discussion with Dr. William Burnett, Director, National Data Buoy Center (NDBC)
- 2-2:20 p.m. — IOOS Association update and discussion with Executive Director Josie Quintrell
- 2-2:40 p.m. — IOOS update and discussion with Director Carl Gouldman
- 2:40-3 p.m. — Break
- 3-3:30 p.m. — The Water Institute of the University of Alabama with Executive Director Scott Rayder
- 3:30-4 p.m. — GCOOS and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) discussion with Ashley Peiffer, IOOS Association Fellow
- 4-4:20 p.m. — GCOOS Update and discussion with Dr. Jorge Brenner, Executive Director
- 4:20-5 p.m. — Open discussion and adjourn
Attendees must register to participate. Register now.