We’re pleased to welcome some new faces to our Board of Directors, announce our new Executive Committee, welcome new staff and announce new staff roles.
New Board Members
- Dr. Kimberly Yates is a Research Oceanographer at the U.S. Geological Survey, St. Petersburg Center for Coastal and Marine Science (SPCMSC). She represents the government sector.
- Dr. Antonietta Quigg is the Senior Associate Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies at Texas A&M University at Galveston (TAMUG). She represents the academic sector.
- Joe Swaykos, Board Chair
- Steven Buschang, Chair Elect
- Jan van Smirren, Treasurer
- Kirsten Larsen, Secretary
- Dr. Sara Graves, Immediate Past Chair
- Dr. Kerri Whilden, Oceanographer and Assistant Research Scientist at the Geochemical & Environmental Research Group (GERG) at Texas A&M University.
- Stephanie Watson, Coordinator of the Compilation of Environmental, Threats, and Animal Data for Cetacean Population Health Analyses (CETACEAN) project. (Stephanie previously served as Strategic Program/Communications Manager for GCOOS.)
- Systems Architect Felimon Gayanillo and Research Specialist and Product Developer Bob Currier have taken on a partnership role as Co-Data Managers in addition to their current positions.
Did you miss our fall meeting? Watch the recording!