Join GCAN Today: Simply Fill Out the Form Below
To Join GCAN
- Review and agree to the requirements for the general membership.
- Review the roles and responsibilities for the Working Groups, Steering and Executive Committees.
- Fill out the form below.
- Join the Ocean Acidification Information Network and the GCAN team on the Network’s site.
General Membership Requirements
- Join the Ocean Acidification Information Exchange (OAIE)
- Create bio & update on GCAN OAIE Team
- Provide publication references if you have them
- Provide at least one annual update to the OAIE
- Be willing to receive requests for information, provide expert consult or guidance when needed
Executive Team Duties
- Implement organizational structure
- Organize & lead Steering Committee
- Set priorities for GCAN activities in consultation with working groups
- Develop annual GCAN progress report & funding proposal
- Define & approve budget allocations
- Develop & guide GCAN mission, vision, roles & responsibilities
- Select working groups & provide guidance for committee activities in coordination with Stakeholder and Science Working Group & Committee Chairs
Steering Committee Duties
- Support organizational structure
- Develop implementation plan & update every two years
- Support, facilitate & assist with functions of working groups
- Guide & assist with workshop planning
- Plan & organize webinars
- Recommend priorities for GCAN
Stakeholder Working Group Requirements
- Begin with & continue stakeholder surveys
- Questions about understanding COA
- Concerns with respect to their sectors
- Needs for information
- Willing to write letters of support & provide guidance
- Engage where appropriate on advisory teams, proposals, & workshops in partnership with Science Working Group
- Guide development of outreach & educational information
Science Working Group Requirements
- Reference list solicitation and posting on GCAN OAIE Team
- Use reference list, webinars and workshops to generate:
- State of the science document (SOS)
- Identify regional gaps, priorities & info needs in partnership with stakeholders
- Participate in & encourage proposal development as needed in partnership with stakeholders.